Thursday, December 19, 2013

Hits and Misses - Nov/Dec 2013

I decided to do my reviews in a Hits and Misses post. All the items here are from my two previous Sephora Hauls (post here and here).

HITS

1. Priming with the Stars Kit by Benefit Cosmetics


The products that Benefit chose to put in the kit is just so nice! The latch on my foundation broke though (after my sis dropped it) and it's now being held closed by a rubber band. My reviews:

1. Stay Don't Stray in light/medium - primer for concealers and eyeshadows

Good as a highlighter as well since the colour is a bit lighter than my skin tone. Works very well!

2. Porefessional - PRO balm to minimize the appearance of pores

My sis love this too! It really does minimize the appearance of pores, and I know see why so many youtube beauty gurus are raving over this.

3. Some Kind-a Gorgeous in medium - foundation (creamy)

It's more suited to be used as a concealer I feel, but as long as you don't over apply it's not very cakey.

4. bene-tint - rose-tinted lip and cheek stain

I LOVE this item. The colour is so so so so so very nice. :) And easy to use!

5. Girl Meets Pearl - Liquid pearl for face

I don't really use this item, but it highlights your cheekbones and makes your appear prettier (if you know how to apply it correctly!

6. They're Real - Mascara

This mascara is really lasting! It lasts the whole day (like 12 plus hours) and doesn't come off until you wipe it off with a makeup remover.


2. Burt's Bees Lip Balm - Ultra Conditioning (with Kokum Butter)


This is really hydrating! I brought it and use it in South Australia, and it prevented my lips from drying out or cracking. Even my dad asked me for it.


3. FABPORE by Soap&Glory


It removes makeup really well! But I have yet to seen how it minimizes pores.


4. Free sample - bareMinerals Matte SPF15 Foundation


Good coverage, and lasts for a long time. I am however not sure if I would buy the full size one since I ordered a liquid foundation from Benefit that has yet to arrive. Plus point for me, it has SPF.


Undecided

1. Sephora Retractable Foundation Brush


I didn't really like the fact that the retractable part can't stay halfway down, but otherwise it works fine. Since it is for liquid foundation I used it use the Urban Decay Naked Skin Beauty Balm, but since then it hasn't dried i.e. the brush looks always wet. Maybe I should try cleaning it and using it again.


2.Urban Decay Naked Skin Beauty Balm (travel size) 


The coverage on this was really bad, and I didn't expect it from Urban Decay. Even my sister complained about the coverage. But I like the smell of it, and the feeling of it on my face (it's like you dun feel it there but you know there's something on your face). Very tempted to buy this again, but unsure if I would or try out other products first. I will definitely not buy the full size one though, since this tube alone is taking me more than 3 weeks to go through, and I'm in the stage where I want to try other products at the same time.


Misses

1. Super Skinny Eye Marker by NYX


I... dislike this. After a while the tip size is ok, but the whole tip is still very very very stiff. Like a graphite pencil. Haven't been using it since the second use.


Alright that's all for now. :)

No comments: