Friday, November 08, 2013

Sephora Haul - Nov 2013

I decided to spend a bit more on my makeup (and also cause I needed stuff urgently), and so I visited Sephora, the JEM outlet and bagged three items. And I had a sample free. I went there yesterday and barely used them, so here are my preliminary reviews on them:

1. Priming with the Stars Kit by Benefit Cosmetics (SGD$50)

How the packaging looks like:

 What the kit contains:

This kit apparently contains their best-sellers (or so I heard). I think this kit is a very convenient kit and good for starters. It has the basic items in there. So the items are (by the number as in the picture above):

1. Stay Don't Stray in light/medium - primer for concealers and eyeshadows
2. Porefessional - PRO balm to minimize the appearance of pores
3. Some Kind-a Gorgeous in medium - foundation (creamy)
4. bene-tint - rose-tinted lip and cheek stain
5. Girl Meets Pearl - Liquid pearl for face
6. They're Real - Mascara

I have used the items once today (I bought them yesterday). I would say I am in love with them instantly. At first I thought the foundation in medium would be too dark for me, but it turns out that it matches my skin tone! The Mascara in particular is really long lasting. :) However they are a bit pricey. Would be using it for my presentation tml, and after that for another presentation in the next week, and intending to bring it for my South Australia trip.

I hope to get more of Benefit's items (especially kits). Am thinking of trying their brow zings but I didn't get it yesterday because it's creamy...

 2. Super Skinny Eye Marker by NYX (SGD$18)


NYX has always been my go to brand (besides Maybelline). However, for this product in particular I wished that it had a softer tip. I still prefer the K-Palette one day eye tattoo eyeliner (read about it here). I have not finished the K-Palette one, but because I needed it quite urgently and didn't have the time to take it from home I bought another one. I was hoping I don't regret buying this but right now, I'm undecided if it suits me...

3. FABPORE by Soap&Glory (SGD$15)


This was something that the sales-person recommended me when I asked for a makeup remover. However after trying it (twice) today, I conclude that it does not effectively remove makeup (my mascara was still there) but it does remove spray paint from my skin. Don't really like the smell too, but I would use it for a while more to see if it does really minimize pores as it says on the package.

(Update 16 Nov 2013: I realise that I probably didn't hold it long enough to wipe my mascara away, but now it's all good, and I like this product (except the smell still).)

Free sample - bareMinerals Matte SPF15 Foundation


This was a sample that was given by Sephora. It comes with a brush. I have not used it yet, but intending to bring this to South Australia to be used too. :)



Yay to my haul from Sephora. Hopefully I get a giftcard or something so I can purchase more stuff.

No comments: