Monday, September 23, 2013

Hits and Misses: Reviews of stuff bought over the first half of Sem 1 AY13/14

So here are some products I bought (acutally only 3) over these 6 weeks and my review on them. I'll start with those I like first, followed by those I dun really like

Hits:

1. Soap & Glory Hand Food



Why I love this product: it totally hydrated my hands. It did! It got visibly better and doesn't feel as dry! This tube is also very very very big. I wonder how long it would take to finish this product.

2. K-Palette 1 Day Tattoo Eyeliner


I would say this is better that Maybelline's hyper sharp liner (review here, and I loved it). The tip is sharp (as sharp as Maybelline's one if I am not wrong). And it's really really smudge proof (like a tattoo). I didn't have any problems with my Maybelline one, but my sister said it smudges on her. Ok I cheated a bit here, I actually bought this 8 weeks ago, not during the sem. It was for my concert (where my Maybelline liner was coming out thin and fading, and a fellow lover told me to try this). I pity the guys, cause they were trying to get it off their faces until we introduced them to the makeup remover.

 Misses:

  1. NYX Butter gloss


I bought this is shade BLG02.Eclair. The shade is nice, but it feels quite heavy on your lips. It also doesn't apply smoothly on the lips, something like the picture below that I got from google (by googling the same product):

Considering that I love other NYX products, I will still buy NYX products, but not this one... It's just not for me.

No comments: