Wednesday, September 18, 2013

First Half of Sem 1 + So You Think You Can Dance Season 10 Quick Review

So, Sem 1 is ending.... That's so fast.

At least the most hectic part of the first 6 weeks of sem 1 is done. Had a quiz today which is counted to the finals. Last week (week 5) was a university wide e-learning week, but for me it's just more hectic.

And I'm sitting here waiting for a Dell technician to show up (I'll cover this in a separate post after I have used this laptop for one month.) Will be going out with a JC friend later! :) so excited!

So anyway, first half of sem 1 was... hectic. Haha. Actually it was pretty interesting. Made some new friends. :) Although I wanted to go back to dance, I haven't been able to. My knees will start to hurt here and there, and there was a week I had to spray almost half my can of salonpas onto it and wrap a bandage tightly around it (to apply pressure to it). Had swollen eyes last week and decided to go to the doctor at UHC (since consult is free) and asked about my knee as well. He's the first doctor (or person) who didn't ask me to stop dancing. In fact, he said the pain might have come back from my sedentary lifestyle. Haha! He recommended me some exercises that I can do and told me he have a condition like mine. He told me to monitor it, and he said if it doesn't get better he will refer me to a physio, who would probably say the same thing in a more complicated way.



So You Think You Can Dance Season 10

So it's the end of the season. At the start of it, I had my eyes on Malece. Then after she didn't get into the Top 10 and Amy's mistake made her work harder, I realise Amy's techniques are very very very good. In fact I actually shared Amy's routines 3 weeks in a row. For the guys, I thought Paul was very good (after all, he won SYTYCD in another country). I thought Aaron was good too. There are a total of 6 routines that I really love, 2 from Malece,3 from Amy and 1... you shall see. I shall post the videos at the end of this post.

What I was really surprised at was how often Jenna and Mackenzie were placed at the bottom few, and the judges kept saving them. No doubt that the choreographers like to work with them, but it really says something when they are repeatedly at the bottom and repeatedly getting saved.

Anyway, it's quite sad that this season saw many guys getting injured...

So here are my favourite routines. Just for the fun of it all.

Malece Miller and Jade Zuberi "Silver Screen", choreographed by Travis Wall:




Malece Miller and Marko Germar "In the Embers", choreographed by Sonya Tayeh:




Amy Yakima and Alex Wong (All Star) "Munni Badnaam Hui Darling", choreographed by Nakul Dev Mahajan:




Amy Yakima and Robert Roldan (All Star)"Say Something", choreographed by Stacey Tookey:




Amy Yakima and Travis Wall (All Star) "Wicked Game", choreographed by Travis Wall:

The Finale Version link here



Jenna Johnson and Mark Kanemura (All Star) "I am the Best", choreographed by Mark:

The Finale Version link here

No comments: