Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Laneige Pore Control BB Cushion Review

Laneige came out with a new and improved BB Cushion, and I am in love with it. I'm using shade #21

Let's jump into the review first before I blog about the other stuff of this new cushion I'm loving.

The good:
  • It does cover my pore pretty well
  • It has matifying properties. Which is good in sunny Singapore and for those with oily skin
  • This has a light scent (the old one doesn't), and it's kind of nice
  • It's light-weight; you hardly feel that you have anything on
  • It is water resistant
  • It comes in warm and cool tones, and a huge variety of colours
  • It comes with a refill! 
  • SPF50++!
The bad:
  • I just wished that it was more longer lasting
Side note: It does say it is moisturizing, however I use a additional moisturizer with it so I can't tell...

Overall rating: 9.5/10

For SGD$59, you get a casing with the product already, and an additional refill.

So anyway, I bought both an old version which I found and the new one, and I tried the new one first.
Photo: On left, the new one, and on the right, the old version

I kind of like the new packing, it looks better than the old one.

I picked up a brochure from the Laneige counter on this new BB Cushion, and there is a page on what is new:

Photo: One of the pages in the brochure of the new Laneige BB Cushion

 There is also one page on the properties of this new Laneige Pore Control BB Cushion

Photo: Page from the brochure about the new Pore Control BB Cushion


 Each box comes with a refill pack.I think its kind of useful because one cushion is kind of small, and it runs out faster than a normal BB cream tube.

Photo: What is in the box

Photo: The actual cushion

When opening the first casing, there is a sticker on top of the cushion to protect it. After peeling it away, I was amazed at the sponge inside. Maybe because my first cushion (the L'oeral Paris Cushion) had a sponge that was quite flimsy. I would say the quality of the sponge is quite good.



Fr the next time... I managed to get a Hera UV Mist Cushion and will be trying that to compare with the Laneige one. Some reviews say Hera is better while others prefer Laneige. Maybe it depends on the country and weather, but nevertheless I will try it and see how. :) Till next time.

No comments: